If you’re new around here, welcome! I’ve been so lucky to have so many new readers over the last few months, so thanks for stopping by!
And thank you so much for your emails or comments letting me know that my story on “follow my bliss” is something that resonates with you. Love to hear from you guys.
In the interest of all the new (virtual) faces around these parts, I’m gonna do a crash course “about me” rundown so you’re all caught up!
21 Things About Me:
- I’m 29. I’ll be 30 in November. Yikes!
- My boyfriend Kevin and I live near Prospect Park in Brooklyn with our two cats, Chawser and Kaia. I talk about those damn cats a lot on this blog. You can bet Kevin and I talk about (and coo at) them even more in real life.
- I quit my boring desk job as a receptionist at a law firm last year to…well…follow my bliss, i.e. to pursue work that makes me happier.
- I graduated from NYU Tisch with an acting degree.
- I graduated two years late because I dropped out somewhere in the middle to..uh..see how much I could screw my life up before hitting rock bottom. It was a blast. That’s sarcasm.
- I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD LIKE IT’S MY JOB.
- I really want a dog.
- I’m originally from the suburbs of Chicago.
- I lost 115 pounds in my early twenties through diet and exercise. I’ve kept the weight off for almost 8 years.
- Kevin and I have been dating for 3.5 years and we’ve lived together for 2. But we’ve been friends for over 8 years! I guess I’m keeping him. 🙂
- When I was 21 I punched an ex-boyfriend in the mouth, got kicked out of the apartment we were living and ended up essentially homeless on the streets of NYC with $12 to my name. That’s obviously a much longer story. Continue reading